Missouri - Orthopedic Surgery – (55395)
University town with SEC Football
Halfway between St. Louis and Kansas City
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery is seeking BE/BC Hand Surgeon to join their expanding surgical practice within the Orthopaedic Institute. This position offers a unique opportunity to practice within an academic environment which experiences a high surgical volume and great growth potential. Highlights of this tremendous opportunity include:
- Practice within a 200,000 sq ft comprehensive facility for a true multi-disciplinary care center experience, including ORs, clinic, inpatient beds, therapy, pharmacy, PACU, Pre-Op, Post-Op, radiology, offices and cafeteria
- Join 36 other physicians which includes Orthopaedics, PMR, Radiology and Oncology
- Position open to any Hand Surgeon interested in a busy clinical practice with an academic and research setting (regardless of residency category – IE: Plastic/General Surgery)
- The University currently has an Orthopaedic Residency program plus fellowships in Spine, Trauma, Sports and Reconstruction (with interest in future Hand fellowship)
- Practice offers a wide variety of cases and complexity, including microsurgery, Level I Trauma Center and market leader in Orthopaedics
- Hand call only (residents handle ED consults for the group)
- Houses physician offices, research lab, research team including medical illustrator and statistician
For the surgical candidate interested in working within an academic environment, but with a private practice feel, the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery offers a great combination of clinical and academic medicine. The largest freestanding orthopaedic center, as well as the region’s most comprehensive orthopaedic surgery center. The Institute’s expert orthopaedic surgeons, nurses, rehabilitation staff and other health professionals offer patients a full range of care in a single location. Orthopaedics program has been ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a high-performing specialty in 2015-2016 and 2016-2017.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Lydia Fowler will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.
Phone: (636) 387-5030