Florida - Ophthalmology – (70368)
General Ophthalmology opportunity:
- Board Certified or Eligible physicians only
- Visa accepted: No
- Practice type: Hospital Employed
- EMR: ECW (E Clinical Works)
- Setting: Traditional
- Position: Full time
- Schedule: Flexible M-F
- Patient base: Age 16 and older. Majority are an elderly population.
- Patients per day: The average is ~18-20 PPD. It can easily be more depending the what the patient is being seen for and if the physician wants to see more. Compensation corresponds to the volume of patients seen.
- Call: Any calls are minimal and shared with other physicians in the office. There are no hospital calls.
- Medical Assistant provided!
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Provide direct patient care.
- Complete eye exams and perform eye surgery
- Order and perform diagnostic tests
- Prescribe and fit eyeglasses and contact lenses to correct vision problems.
- Analyze and interpret the patient’s histories, physical findings, symptoms, or diagnostic information.
- Diagnose and treat all eye diseases and conditions that affect the eye; provide acute and chronic care according to protocol for disease.
- Develop and monitor therapy and treatment plans based on lab review and analysis of results following established standards, procedures, and practices.
- Prescribe medication dosages and frequencies and provide counsel to patient for possible side effects and/or interactions with other substances; detect and respond to any adverse drug reactions.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, and clinic staff and administration.
- Educate patients and/or families as needed.
- Triage patient phone calls to facilitate patient care delivery.
- Complete administrative duties related to patient care.
- Document, monitor, and confirm accuracy of information recorded on patient’s medical records
Join a large Multispecialty Group of over 50 providers in the Clearwater Metro area on the Gulf!
- Competitive salary plus RVU
- Specialists are paid based on work RVUs which are assigned nationally by procedure code and multiplied by a conversion factor based on productivity (# patient visits).
- Sign on
- Comprehensive benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Retirement plan options
- PTO plus 7 holidays
- CME – 5k
- Clearwater metro on the Gulf
- 15 minutes to St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE)
- 15 miles to St. Petersburg
- 20 minutes to Tampa International Airport (TPA)
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Lydia Fowler will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.
Phone: (636) 387-5030