Massachusetts - Geriatrics – (90377)
40 miles to Providence
45 miles to Boston
As the only program of its kind in Central Massachusetts and one of eight PACE programs in the State, group provides a combination of medical, social and insurance services using an interdisciplinary team approach to help Seniors avoid nursing home placement.
• The program offers outpatient medical care, social day programming, home care and comprehensive insurance coverage with no co-payments or paperwork for participants.
• Physicians and nurse practitioners are able to provide care for the frail elder not available in any other setting.
• Comprehensive program is not constrained by the usual insurance company rules and benefit limitations and have the capacity to offer services that are not often covered by other plans.
• Physicians and APP’s have flexibility to devote as much time as needed for the clinical and social needs of participants and their caregivers to provide individualized quality care by a team of geriatric care professionals who work together with participants and caregivers to address each individual’s specific needs.
• The team uses a collaborative approach to care planning and is called the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT).
o The IDT is comprised of Providers (MD/DO and NP/PA), Nurses, Social Workers, Physical and Occupational Therapists, Dieticians, Health Aides, Recreation staff, Home Care and Transportation Coordinators and Site Administrator.
o This approach to care is the gold standard for complex and frail Seniors who wish to avoid nursing home placement.
o The program’s focus is to effectively manage all aspects of the participant’s care through the interdisciplinary team approach.
• The total patient panel for each team consists of 60-75 patients which allows physician ample amount of time to spend with patients.
o This equates to Physicians and APP’s typically seeing 2-5 participants per day.
• The sites are open from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday.
• EMR is NextGen
• Highly Competitive Base Salary – $230-250k DOE
o plus 7% Variable Incentive Bonus
• Competitive Earned Time (ET), plus 10 holidays and 5 extended leave days (ESL) per year that carry over.
• 401K contributions with company matching
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Long and Short Term Disability
• Malpractice Insurance
• $2500 a year for CME and $500 for professional societies
• All professional license and dues
J1 Visa: Yes
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Vicki Ross will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.