Illinois - Internal Medicine – (92701)
Chicago’s West Suburbs
8 miles from Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
10 miles from downtown Chicago
12 miles to Chicago OHare International Airport (ORD)
Academic Internal Medicine Hospitalists to join a growing group with a known for innovative educational programs. The candidate will supervise the performance of patient care services on patients and fully participate in the teaching programs for undergraduate medical students and Residents.
The position requires a medical doctorate (MD or DO). Candidate must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine, eligible for licensure in Illinois, and eligible for medical staff appointment at a University affiliated hospital.
- Serve as full time hospitalist; Monday-Friday, 1:4 call weekends
- No overnight call is required.
- Perform or supervise the performance of patient care services to include hospital admission orders, history-physical examinations and reports, daily evaluations, daily progress notes, discharge evaluations, and discharge summaries
- Collaborate with other attending physicians and consultants
- Assure orderly transfer of care to other physicians when assigned hours of service end
- Reinforce hospitalist processes for patient care
- Document daily involvement in patient care in the medical record and record charges appropriate to the level of service provided and documented
- Opportunities to participate in performance improvement projects defined by the department chair
- Opportunities to participate in hospital committees
- Perform duties in a manner that complies with all applicable standards, rules, policies, and regulations of the hospital, Joint Commission, and applicable local, state, and federal regulation.
- Perform internal medicine bedside teaching when assigned to to standards of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Opportunities to participate in resident morning report on weekdays when patient care activities allowed
- Opportunities are available to give lectures to residents and/or medical students
- Opportunities to participate in curriculum development with residency program
- Opportunities to perform clinical research are available to the incumbent. Research productivity is not a requirement of the position.
- Participate in the business and fiscal activities of the department through routine evaluation of coding and documentation, regular review of charges and charge capture, interaction with the university billing department, and other activities as appropriate to maintain the fiscal health and regulatory compliance of the department
- Other duties as assigned and appropriate to advance the mission of the Department of Medicine
Compensation: $210,000 – 220,000 annually with full benefit package plus annual bonus based on performance and RVU system.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Vicki Ross will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.