Vermont - Surgery – (92892)
Looking for a general surgeon to work in a larger rural community hospital with 3 other established general surgeons to replace a partner in a well-established hospital employed practice. Additional Fellowship training in laparoscopic or colorectal surgery a plus. Current practice pattern of the group includes broad based general surgery (minimally invasive; oncology; vascular; some thoracic; endocrine; endoscopy). Minimal Trauma. Opportunity for specialty niche practice development possible and fostered.
100 bed community hospital with ER volume of 35,000 patient visits per year.
13 bed ICU with 24-hour in house intensivist coverage. Hospital based Community Cancer Center with COC certification.
Busy OR performing 5,000 procedures a year. Separate endoscopy suite.
Established Breast Care program.
Wound/Ostomy Clinic staffed by a nurse practitioner.
Located in a small city of 17k with a catchment area of 80,000 who primarily use this hospital and its services.
- Engaged Medical Staff.
- Robust Performance Improvement Department with established NSQIP membership.
- 1.5 office days, 0.5 office-based procedure days, 1 OR day, 1 endoscopy day. Call 1:4.
- Fulltime employed position with annual salary of $375k base plus production incentive. $25k signing bonus. Student loan reimbursement.
- Generous benefits of Malpractice, Health, Dental, and Disability insurances, 403b with hospital match, Defined Contribution retirement account, and tax-deferred earnings program. $6000 annual CME allowance.
- ABS Board Certified or Board Eligibility with intent to become board certified within 5 years of completion of residency a requirement.
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Lydia Fowler will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.
Phone: (636) 387-5030