Texas - Psychiatry – (84692)
15 miles to The Woodlands
30 miles to Lake Livingston
30 miles to George Bush Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
45 miles to Houston
Join a ~40 year old Community Mental Health Center in a new 4 year old building serving seriously mental illness, intellectual disabilities and/or substance abuse patients.
- Staff is currently: 2 Psychiatrists, 2 Child Psychiatrists, 6 APP’s, Therapists
- There is also a Crisis Center.
- Option to round in the Crisis Center which is paid and call is 1:6
- EMR is Cerner
- Precept for Residents from Sam Houston Medical School.
- This position will join an outpatient program and be responsible for conducting psychiatric examinations, prescribing and monitoring psychotropic medications, completing associated documentation, and other related services to clients ineligible for other psychiatric services.
- This position will function under the direction of the Medical Director and within scope of practice.
- Provides clinical direction and leadership in team development of treatment plans.
- Provides support and consultation to other team members and service providers.
- Computer competency and applicable computer software proficiency.
- Capable of documenting patient communication and clinical treatment accurately and appropriately.
- Requires completion of accredited residency in Psychiatry.
- Texas Medical License in good standing.
- DEA and DPS Certificates and Board Eligible or Certified.
- Knowledge of acceptable medical practice, Psychiatric diagnosis and treatment, Psychopharmacology, Crisis intervention strategies.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Ability to establish rapport and get along with consumers and co-workers and ability to work productively as a team member.
- Base salary $251k with bonus available for rounding
- Sign on
- Comprehensive benefits
- 501A with match
J1 Visa: No
We're here to help.
Use the form above to apply for this job now and Vicki Ross will be in touch with you promptly to discuss this opportunity.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the recruiter for this position directly.